Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blog 8

My research paper is on the use of nuclear weapons. My focus question is "are nuclear weapons good or bad for the world?" I take the stance on nuclear weapons having a positive impact. I used three professional writers who took the stance FOR the use of nuclear weapons. I am using the fact that nuclear weapons are being used to avert wars, intimidate other countries, and by having the public feel a sense of security. I used examples from the Cold War and the part that nuclear weapons played in with that. I use statements from Winston Churchill that stated that do not let go of nuclear weapons until you are sure that there are other means for peace. And i state that weapons of mass destruction is a destiny and that if nuclear weapons were never invented then something very similar would have been invented.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a really interesting topic, defiantly could be very controversial. A very good topic to make a strong argument about. I think it's especially great because this topic has been relevant (in varying capacities) for so many years! Sounds like you have been able to develop a strong argument with good support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this topic, because most believe that nuclear weapons are bad and have no positive effects. I think that using the Cold War will be a good way to prove your thesis.

    ReplyDelete