Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blog #2


This is a picture of my sister when she was just over a year old. This picture was taken a few months after she was diagnosed with cerebra palsy. My sister is now thirty one years old and lives in a nursing home. She means the world to me and she makes me appreciate the life that I live. She makes me look at the handicapped in a much different way than what most people do. Most people view them as a lower class of people and not like "normal" people. Since I have a sister who is handicapped, I view them as actual people but with just an abnormality, which makes them special. I love her so much and I wouldn't change her for the world. She is beautiful the way she is and no one can say otherwise. The handicapped are not people who are just slow or not as good as the "normal" people, they are just like you and me. They can listen, feel emotions, have their own personalities, etc. I love my sister, handicapped or not.

The blogs I commented on were,  dhanderhan and brcasale

No comments:

Post a Comment